“March for Science joins the celebration of the Department of Science and Technology’s National Science and Technology Week, with the theme, “Science for the People” at the World Trade Center, Manila. We have an ongoing exhibit at the event until July 15, highlighting the need for science and technology that will serve the people and inviting everyone to join the cause”
II. Upcoming events:
- Unchaining Prometheus: A Forum on The State of Science and Technology in the Philippines
- In time with the State of the Nation Address of Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, the alliance holds a forum to unite the scientific community and other sectors in taking action and challenging the government to address the dismal state of S&T in the country and advance programs geared towards national industrialization.
- People’s Science School
- People’s Science School is an initiative to mobilize scientists, experts and advocates to provide basic science education communities and basic sectors.
- World Science Day
- Held every 10th of November, WSD is a an internationally celebrated day declared by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to highlight the important role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
- March for Science
- Held every 22nd of April on Earth Day, March for Science aims to unite the broadest range of scientists, environmentalists, workers, farmers, students, and other sectors under a banner of environmental protection, national industrialization and greater support to a science and technology that will genuinely serve the interests of the people.